SGH Madinah International Stroke Symposium
What learning needs or gap(s) in knowledge, attitudes, skills, or performance of the intended target audience did the scientific planning committee identify for this activity?
Our Symposium is an approach for the ultimate Emergency Medicine symposium experience. The top docs, cutting-edge tech, life-saving education, and a community of practice from across the globe.
Emergency Medicine is a very dynamic and evolving science especially in the era of post-COVID. A lot of updates in many disciplines of emergency medicine need to be delivered to the frontliners who fight everyday battles against everyday challenges as well as the COVID burden.
COVID also created restrictions in the cooperation between healthcare facilities in providing emergency medicine services in Madina. A need for the virtual meeting exists.
What is the aim(s) and learning outcome(s) of the activity?
- Providing updates and cutting-edge science in major critical presentation in emergency medicine like Sepsis, DKA, PE and AF
- Initiating a nucleus of US training and educational activities in Madina.
- Highlighting the new updates in the pediatric and toxicology in emergency medicine.
- Launching a series of ECG training workshops that will start in this symposium.
What are the Goals and learning objective(s) of the activity?
- Identify new lines of treatment in Sepsis, DKA, AF, undifferentiated shock and PE.
- Exploring new updates in the pediatric disciplines like status epilepticus, trauma pitfalls and code sepsis.
- Touching on some toxicology conditions like general approach of toxicology cases as well as snake & scorpion exposures.
- Reviewing the recent updates of Trauma like intubating the hypotensive cases and abdominal trauma.
- Initiating the basics of US in EM like Blue protocol, RUCH in hypotensive cases, US in cardiac arrest and US guided vascular access.
What learning methods/ delivery format were selected to help the CPD activity meet the stated learning objectives?
- Powerpoint Lectures
- Watching Videos of different case scenarios and answering questions about it
- Interactive body learning
- Service focused problem solving
- Peer-review of critical appraisals
- ECG Workshop
How will the overall group learning activity and individual sessions be evaluated by participants?
ER doctors, Pediatric EM doctors Nurses, Emergency medical services, Family medicine doctors, and General medicine doctors.